January 21, 2006

Illustration Friday - Cats

I started off with a simple idea - Puss in Boots, for this week's topic. Then I thought I'd make it a Glamor Puss wearing Prada. But it still looked kind of plain, so I decided to give Puss a name and make her a catty magazine's covergirl. I think MEOW has all the basic ingredients to make it, there's Sex (some cats really need tips on those awful catcalls), there's Violence (wreak havoc with killer claws!), there're dog Jokes (101 of them) and there's even juicy Gossip. I think it'll sell like hot ... fish!

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hhahahaaa, our glamour pusses should go out some time :)

Amy Zaleski said...

This is fantastic! So clever! I bet you had a lot of fun doing this. Great facial expression!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Isn't it amazing how a simple idea can snowball into something as delightful as your illo!

Doug said...

Very good! those claws could produce a CATastrophy, though...

Jason said...

welldone. I like the cartoon style and the superb colors.

TheTart said...

So cute!

Smooch,
The Tart

Anonymous said...

Great & fun!

Anonymous said...

I love how your characters always have fun personalities, that must reflect a lot on you too! :)

Radha a.k.a Ratlion said...

Lol! Great take on the topic! :D

Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

That's the cat's meow for sure - great entry this week!