September 3, 2006

Ode to the Bolster

I think one of my earliest sense of security comes associated with the bolster. Over the years, I have 'upgraded' my bolster from a teeny, poorly stuffed one to one that is big, fat and mighty!

A good night's sleep must come complemented with a nice, huggable bolster. Some like it warm and some like it cool (I have heard stories of kids putting their bolsters in the fridge in preparation for hot summer nights); some like it small and some like it BIG; some barricade their beds with bolsters, especially after watching a scary movie; while some just like to wrap their arms and legs around it, like a koala hugs a tree...

Thank you bolsters of the world, for keeping us safe for generations!

15 comments :

Samantha Jacinto said...

That's a good way to protray SAFE nice! I love fluffly pillows, they give me security when i sleep at night especially when I am alone... :D

Michelle Lana said...

cute and sweet pic! so very true!

pati said...

They look so comfortable! Lovely illo!

Amy Zaleski said...

Very sweet. Makes me want to take a nap!

JO said...

Very cute little boys.

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice take on the topic. Your characters really capture sweetness and safety.

carlos nava said...

HELLO, GUSTARIA TO KNOW WHEREUPON DOTS TO ME TECHNICAL OR YOU CREATE YOUR ILLUSTRATIONS. IT VISITS MY BLOG IN CARLOSNAVA.BLOGSPOT.COM THANKS AND FANTASTIC YOUR WORK

trowbridge chronicles said...

What cute, charming little characters. You draw very well.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

true, i love bolsters too! can't live without it. haha... nice illo.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful illustrations. Reminds me so much of my little children....

carla said...

You have no idea how safe and wonderful this look to me right now (yawn) at 5 A.M. I love the idea of a refrigerated bolster for the hot summer nights. Great job:>

FoodChiCa said...

Hehe, lovely illustration! :)

Lydia Sanchez said...

Nice characters ^^

Seth Hippen said...

My wife has a bolster that she got when she was pregnant and hasn't abandoned it since. I call it Herbie the Homewrecker. Great illo!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

they all look so comfy! I love bolsters and had one when I was a kid.